Mission: Optimising research and innovation systems for health in Africa
COHRED Africa is a an arm of COHRED that strives to ensure that every African country has a well developed and sustainable research and innovation system for health in place, by providing technical support and services to strengthen such systems. Currently COHRED Africa is composed of staff located in Botswana, South Africa and Kenya.
COHRED Africa provides technical support services to assist African countries to develop sustainable research and innovation systems for health, including:
- Developing and strengthening national research ethics review and drug regulatory capacity;
- Providing information management solutions through web-basedcutting-edge technologies;
- Priority setting to provide stakeholder input into the establishment of research agendas;
- Fair research contracting to enable fair funding opportunities for southern institutions; and
- Other technical support areas for the overall strengthening of research and innovation systems for health.